Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Gifts...........

what do you do with them?
You get a gift from someone... do you like it? do you want it? do you use it? As I was taking pictures of the fun stuff I have made lately... it dawned on me that all these things here were made with yarn my Aunt had given me while visiting for Thanksgiving. I was really rather proud of myself.... I was getting use of a gift. The best part... I turned the gift I got into gifts for others............. wow.. huh?

This is a beanie I made for one of my granddaughters......... I think I will add a flower to it.

This is a Baby Blanket made for the Elementary School Librarian's new grandbaby. Michael jumped in the van after school on Friday... and with excitement told me that Mrs. Madsen is a new Grandma. Well.. he didn't ask... but I knew that if he had a gift to give her when they went back to school after the weekend... he would be tickled. So... yup... with yarn gifted to me... 4.5 hours of my time... Michael and David took this gift.
This is a SeaShell Scarf... I made from yet more yarn gifted to me by my Aunt.
Remember in a previous post ... I shared a Pineapple Scarf.............. that one and this one ... both from gifted yarn.
While in prayer this morning.... I kept interrupting myself with thoughts of how cool it was that I had made so many gifts for others through the gift of yarn that was given me. I was starting to get frustrated with myself when I realized God was trying to show me something. Yes.. I was proud of myself for using the gift I was given. And God was also. What He wanted to know is.... do I use the gifts He gives me?
The gift of life. "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Rom. 6:23).
The gift of spiritual understanding. "And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true" (1 John 5:20).
The gift of faith. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast" (Eph. 2:8-9).
The gift of grace. "I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ" (1 Cor. 1:4).
The gift of Healing. "Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." (John 14:11-12)
I could go on and on... but I think you get the picture. All these gifts and many more.... what do we do with them? Do we like them? Do we want them? Do we use them?
He gives these things to all of us. What we chose to do with them is up to us. How sad that we tuck our Father's gifts away and not enjoy them. I mean think about it... if I made a blanket for someone ... and they simply tucked it away in a closet of other blankets.. never to use it... I would be sad. I want them to use it.. use it till it falls apart. That's what the gift was intended for. Now think about this for a minute... Many will go to hell because they don't want the free gift of eternal life. Many will live their lives sick and die because they wont use the gift of healing. Many will live their lives in fear... with worry because they don't like to use the gift of faith by being patient.
So as I continued to pray............. I prayed knowing I have these gifts... I took them out of the closet I had tucked them away in ......... and Prayed that God would help me learn more about them.. and use them properly... and to His Glory.
God is good................. He DOES answer prayers!!!
hugs... love and blessings,
.::Tam::.
**But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, "You are my God!"
Psalm 31:14 **

1 comment:

Crochet Goddess said...

Very pretty scarf. Wonderful model.