Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Friday, July 24, 2020

Why taking a break from Social Media is needed....... 4

4. Social media doesn't allow you to interact with friends in a substantial way.

If you really consider people your friends, you should do more than post on their timelines for their birthdays and like their latest Instagram photos.
In fact, I would say I barely use social media to interact with my close friends.
The reason for this is simply because I actually spend time with them in real life or in more personal ways, like having a conversation via Skype.
What I'm trying to say is social media doesn't actually help you develop or maintain real friendships with others. Interaction via social media is usually superficial and has no real effect on whether we consider someone a friend.
I hope you would not suddenly stop talking to your friends simply because they deactivated their social media accounts.
Posting on social media is simply the icing on the cake when it comes to true friendships, but it certainly is not what sustains them.

God Bless
Tammy 💕

No comments: