Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Is it wrong for me to pray for myself?

  Should I only petition God for the needs of others?
The answer, of course, is “Absolutely not!”  God wants you to bring your own hurts, sorrows, needs and joys to Him.  Even though He knows all that is going on in your life, and He can predict all that you will say even before you come to Him.  He longs for you to come into His presence.  He waits for you to acknowledge your dependence on Him so that He can have the joy of answering your prayer and showing Himself strong.  Psalm 50:15 says, Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.

The Lord’s Prayer is the model Christ gave us for praying (Matthew 6:9-13).  Here He tells us to pray for our needs: Give us this day our daily bread.  He directs us to seek God’s forgiveness for our own wrong doings: Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.  He instructs us to seek His direction and protection for our lives: And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.  And He tells us to ask it all for the good of His kingdom and the greatness of His glory: For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever.

Heavenly Father, how sweet to know that I can enter into Your holy presence not only to pray for others, but I can come with my own bundle of concerns and cares.  Thank You for the assurance that You are always there for me, too.  How I praise You! - Amen



Love you all
God Bless
.::Tam::.

No comments: