Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Take This Cup......



πŸ’• Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.” He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done. An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground. When he rose from prayer and went back to the disciples, he found them asleep, exhausted from sorrow. “Why are you sleeping?” he asked them. “Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.”                ~Luke 22:39-46


☀☕ ~ As Jesus drew closer to the cross he did what He usually did, He prayed. This was unlike any other prayer; it was the Garden prayer. He knew what He was about to endure and was very honest with His Father. “If you are willing, take this cup from me.” Jesus was very transparent there. He was also very human at that moment. If God had any other plan, He was asking for it to be implemented. There is nothing wrong with us praying like that to God. We don’t have to go into the trial with strength; we need to find His strength in the midst of the trial. Jesus finishes up his prayer by saying “Not my will, but yours be done.” Total surrender at that moment. He readied himself for the cross.

Something interesting happens at that moment, an angel came and strengthened him. This shows us that God will give us exactly what we need when we are going through the trials. Many times God will send people into our lives to strengthen and encourage us to keep going. Be thankful for that. Tell them how much it means to you. Then go back to seeking the Lord. Jesus prayed more earnestly after He was strengthened. So many times we stop when we should keep going. Sometimes those closest to you can’t be relied upon to be what you need them to be. Look to the Lord for strength and He will be faithful.


Through all the trials and struggles my family and myself are going through... this is definitely what I need to keep reminding myself of!  I read a scripture and I totally get it.   This is one of them.   Does that make it easy to do?  Not necessarily ... but it sure tugs at my heart and head!  God is with me... always!  My prayers are to Him.. for Him.. & answered by Him!  I love my Lord and trust Him completely!




Many Prayer & Blessings to you all!
<>< Tam





No comments: