Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Don't be Afraid...............

      My days starts out as just a typical day ... but becomes one with a lot of thought.

Waking up early as I usually do!  Fresh pot of coffee brewing.  Spend some time in Gods word.  Youngest off to work at his new job.  Sun coming up... shinning so bright... yet the air is nice and cool.  Load of laundry done.  Working on orders to get ready for the mail.

While driving to the post office this morning... listening to one of my favorite Christian radio stations.... I heard a story of a little 7 year old girl that had become afraid to go to church after sitting through a sermon from a visiting pastor about the rapture in Revelation.  The parents were asking for advise and prayer.  
Well.... after praying for her.   I found myself just mulling over ideas of how to help her... which then brought me to where I think we all are at many times in our lives.... Afraid!   Afraid to go into that church... afraid to talk to that person... afraid to hear that bad news... afraid to open your heart... afraid to be alone... and yes... even afraid of the rapture and being left behind. 
So... First God tells us to not be afraid... and as you all know.. that's not just that easy.  I would love to not be afraid ... but sometimes I am.... and when I'm afraid ... I feel like I need to protect myself.  Which then brought me to ............ Ephesians 6:10-18   A way to protect myself ... from this world of negativity ... from uncertainties...  from the whole reason behind any fear... Satan!


The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. ~Ephesians 6:10-18



And there you have it.................. God is our strength!  To get through it all!  Fear... Sadness... Anger.... Disappointment... Worry... Self-doubt... and so on.   God gives us the tools to protect ourselves!   Its up to us to use them! 
So.... Don't be afraid... God is with us!   Always!

Have a wonderful rest of your day my dear friends!  
God Bless
Tammy

2 comments:

sissie said...

So true! AMEN.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.