Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Monday, February 18, 2013

Straighten up...............

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Evening¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸  

Whew.......... How is everyone tonight?   I'm tired! :)  Spent the day straightening and organizing some things in my room ... my bookshelf .... and my sitting room..... OH... and doing laundry... dishes... cooking................. *you get the idea*  

Of course when you sit down to really go through things... straighten and organize... it never fails... you find old pictures...old papers... books... letters.... notes... cards...etc.   And all of this got me to thinking and praying!   I need to straighten up my head and heart! My life has been so crazy lately!!!!  Some days better than others. 
Looking at all these treasures brought back such lovely memories. 
And of course makes me think of where I am today... whats going on in my life now.   So much changes in the years... some good ... some bad. 

So please hear me, it doesn’t matter how messed up your life is, God still wants you!  Its not up to you or I to straighten up our lives... Only God can... His love.. His mercy and grace.
The bible is full of stories about hustlers, murderers, prostitutes, cowards, adulterers and mercenaries that God changed and used for His glory. King David broke a big portion of the ten commandments in about two chapters, and yet he’s still called a man after God’s own heart. There was Moses the coward and murderer, Noah the drunkard, Abraham the liar, Jacob the cheater, Paul the religious terrorist and plenty of others. When Jesus picked his 12 apostles he simply told them, “Come follow me,” not “Clean up your lives and when you have, come see me and I’ll let you know if you are in or not.”
I’m not sure where most of us learn that we need to fix things..clean up.. straighten out, but it braks  my heart to know so many of us feel like we have to get our life cleaned up, straightened up or fixed up before we could go to church or seek God. If you are one of those who think you need to get your life fixed before coming to God, don’t believe the Devil’s lie. Come to the Father just as you are. Don’t wait until you feel good enough, because you never will (at least I never have).
Hopefully we haven’t portrayed the church as a place you go once you have your life all fix up and going well. Instead, much like a hospital, the church is full of sick people, not people that are physically sick, but spiritually sick. We’ve come to Him because we need help, hope and forgiveness, not because our lives are straightened out. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a sinner. I screw up royally on a regular basis. If you don’t believe that … ask my family they know me well.
If you are in need of your Heavenly Father, don’t try to clean up your own life first. Let Him do it (Titus 3:5). When the prodigal son came home to his father, don’t you know he was dirty, nasty and stunk from feeding pigs. And what did the father say when he saw the boy in all his filthiness? “You stink! Clean up first and then come tell me why you’ve come home?” Nope, instead he wrapped his arms around his dirty son’s neck, squeezed hard and with tears in his eyes said, “Welcome home Son.”
It doesn’t matter what you’ve done or what you’ve become, you can always come home to the Father. Just like you are.


GOD BLESS!!!
.::Tam::.

No comments: